A Little About Joy...
Joy Keller is the author of fun and fantastic picture books, including MONSTER TRUCKS and the upcoming MISS TURIE'S MAGIC CREATURES. When she's not writing, she's teaching fourth graders how to write. She lives in Fairport, NY, with her husband, two children, and several cats.
Phew. Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, here are the really interesting facts about her...
1. Joy grew up in Cattaraugus, NY. Cattaraugus is a Native American word meaning "smelly water." She has fond memories of her childhood there, including the time she got chased down the street by an angry pig.
2. One of her hobbies is mushroom hunting. Don't laugh! Mushrooms are totally cool. Did you know that some glow in the dark?
3. Her favorite food is soup.
4. She can't stand raisins. They taste like sad grapes.
5. Joy loves teaching and is very thankful for her job...considering the fact that she once lost a snake in her school. (P.S.--It's never been found.)
6. Her favorite children's books include THE HUNGRY THING, CREEPY CARROTS, CORALINE, THE WESTING GAME, BUNNICULA, and A WRINKLE IN TIME.